Monday, May 14, 2007

Giuseppe Rossi wants to return to United next season and make his mark in the Premiership.

The striker, 20, has been a revelation on loan at Parma - a brace against Messina on Sunday took his tally to six goals in seven games - but he is adamant that his future lies in England despite his Serie A success.

"I want to come back to United not as the kid in the reserves who makes a step up, but as a player fully involved in the senior squad," Rossi exclusively told Inside United Magazine.

"United are my main priority. It's where I want to be and where I want to play."

Prior to his fruitful time at Parma, Rossi spent the first half of the campaign on loan at Newcastle, and feels he now has the experience to make the grade at Old Trafford.

"I needed to go out on loan to get more experience," he said. "But I want to be part of the United squad and become a first-team regular.

"You always want to be confident in your own ability. I am and I really hope I can make my mark next season because I want to stay at Old Trafford for as long as I can."

No comments: